22.4.08

Another Pictoral Interlude...

I've got a few posts I'm narrowing in on, but until I live them and then write them, I'm sticking to pictures. They're pretty. These are of Madrid:

A Mariachi band on the fringe of Puerta de Sol, in the center of Madrid.

Fountains on the paseos (sort of like boulevards) on the east side of the center of the city, near the Prado et al.

This statue cuts a dashing figure in Plaza Mayor, also in the center of Madrid. At night there's a good game of "drunk kick the soccer ball around" here.

A blown-up print of a Modigliani reclining nude painting. I took this mainly for my dad. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

A fountain at the traffic circle closest to me on my way to work. Fountains are always photogenic, even when boring.

See what I mean? But really, this is a pretty view looking East past the paseos. I think it's nice, at least.

This photo is taken from the same place, but looking west, towards Gran Via, the "Broadway" of Madrid.

Palacio Real behind a statue in Plaza Oriente. And apparently there's some light source from the sky that obscures the statue's face. Heavens, what might it be?

And this is what I see out my window. At least when the weather is decent, as it has not been for two weeks. Ahh, but now starts the 24° weather, so the wait is worth it.

No comments: