19.8.06

We have arrived here safe and sound...

My backpack has not. Yet.

NYC was lovely, from the fast visa service to an ordered car to take me to JFK. The delay in the runway before takeoff at the airport, however, is probably why my backpack is stuck in London. It should get here today or tomorrow, and considering I leave tomorrow night and need my railpass contained therein, it better.

In any case, Ben and I met, Olga picked us up, and now we are resting and awaiting lunch before tackling Paris (and its toothpaste prices). And no big worry about the bag, I have the three most important pieces to the Europe trip; my companion, my wallet/passport, and my guitar.

2 quick shower-related France observations:
1. Separate toilet and shower rooms: I had forgotten about these, but a nice touch.

2. No matter where the shower, it takes me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to turn it on and off, each. Nothing like squatting in the bath fiddling with every piece on the faucet except the right one. (How's that as an image?)

No comments: