28.10.06

Yass, still going strong through to November

Everything continues on the positive side of things, and if the other shoe has dropped, I probably put one of my sneaker balls in it so it would smell better.

I have a tournament I'm hoping to compete in next week, on Wednesday. It's here in Moscow, we weigh in Tuesday night, and it's in the honor of an old Soviet coach. I've been wrestling better in practice, but I still have no idea how my chances are: I could go one and out, I could start an international furor and win the thing (well, probably not that furious). I'm stronger than most wrestlers here, shorter than most here, have better looking ears than most here, but my technique is a few steps below. Brute force wins from America, right? Right?

Anyway, I'm getting all amped up for that, and it may even bring out the old sportswriter in me from high school when I recap it here next week. And if I can get someone to take the pictures, I should be able to post photos of me in a singlet. Tight in all senses of the word.

But for now I'm going to walk the dog, and so I leave a few leftover pictures, funny or nice, from the trips I've taken. Enjoy Halloween and all, and write me if you'd like, I like the email exchange thing.



There's a traveling exhibit of buddy bears: bears designed by an artist from each country in the world. The exhibit has been in Berlin, among other places, and it was in front of Karl's Church in Vienna when I got into town. I decided to fill a hole: I'm representing artsy people of the world.

Picture of a waterfall from the climb up Gellert's Hill in Budapest. Budapest was in my top tier of cities on the trip, and I have a great-uncle here who agrees with me. So there.


Petersburg: Who says Pushkin's for the birds? (drumroll, please!)


I showed you the church that looks like this in Petersburg. This is Basil the Holy Fool's Church in the Red Square.

And this is Petersburg again, from the Hermitage bridge. A little bit of Amsterdam, a little bit of Venice, a whole lot of Russia.

Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE SHOES MAN!!